Quite honestly, 2015 has been the most difficult and hectic year of my life. Change came at me from every direction simultaneously slapping me in the face and rubbing my back. Below are my most “liked” Instagram moments of the year and although I wrote about many more of them in my diary, I can understand why these were most-liked. These nine moments captured by various filters represent the biggest changes I faced, both happy and sad.
- The day we got engaged; a surprise to say the least
- My birthday tattoo; a reminder to keep writing, fighting, and trying
- Outfit from my birthday weekend in the city; the most confident I’ve felt in a while
- The birth of my niece; my heart grew 6 sizes that day
- My last day working at Caruso Gourmet Pizza; the start of a new office job
- Our seven-year anniversary; and several wishes for the future
- Christmas Eve with my siblings; we like each other sometimes
- Walking to the hospital food court with my niece; where most of my October was spent
- The day I found my wedding dress; I felt like a Princess
In 2014 I wished for 2015 to be a year of clarity and man did I get what I asked for. It became painstakingly clear that nothing is more important than family. That life is fragile and nothing is permanent, so to what makes you happy is the only way to make a life worth living. It became clear that plans are wonderful but flexibility is the key to sanity.
Because of this I am not making resolutions for 2016 – I don’t know what the year will bring but I am hoping for happiness, health, and adventure.