My September held intense moments of laughter followed by streams of tears. I experienced beautifully tender days and evenings painted with fear. There were warm weekends in the country and star-filled nights in the city. There were cuddles with my nieces and sleepovers with my siblings. There was magic, hard work, and a million curiosities.
This September paved the way for sincere reflection and necessary prioritizing. It put everything into perspective and forced me to do things I never thought I’d have to do. To see things I never thought I’d have to see. To prepare for things I never thought I’d have to prepare for. As such, this September I learned an extensive amount:
- There are few constants in life; you can’t even count on regular bowel
- Life is fragile; even when you’re careful
- To be brave you must first feel fear
- Things can change at the drop of a hat; for better or worse
- Moments are meant to be experienced; not Instagrammed
- You can be both blissfully happy and terribly sad at the same time; embracing both emotions is important
- Love is everything; period
One thought on “love is everything; period”
Beautiful post Vanessa. I feel like I need to know – what happened?