It’s nearly impossible to recap an event that you didn’t attend. Nearly impossible, unless you follow the event’s hashtags all weekend (even when you’re relaxing at the Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre in Campellville Ontario). I’m not a Beauty or Fashion blogger, even though some of my posts tend to lean that way. I’m a Lifestyle blogger who loves to write and even though Spark Sessions is geared towards Beauty and Fashion bloggers, I think any type of blogger could gain something from their event. With the amazing panels, various brands, and numerous bloggers in attendance, I’m quite sad I missed it. I’ve heard nothing but great things about it and am so glad I had Twitter to help me learn a few things from some of the greats!
Here are my favourite quotes/tweets from the event, search #sparksessions on Twitter to view more.Anum Khan @summerxskin
- Blogging is not a competition, bloggers should be a group of people that share. @sparksessions #sparksessions
- Authenticity is saying what you want to say out loud. @LaineyGossip @SparkSessions #SparkSessions
- “Blogging is not a set it and forget it business” @DaintyGirl_TO
- Bloggers: be honest. If you didn’t love something, say so or don’t say anything at all. Free for you, $150 for someone else. #sparksessions
- Know what you offer, and what you’re worth. Don’t over or under charge- @Beautezine #SparkSessions
- Bring something to the table (SM, engagement) and know how to it your while when working with magazine. @jennweatherhead #sparksessions
- Blogging is a career that comes out of passion. It is never a choice you make for financial gain. @LaineyGossip #sparksessions
- Even if you’re not a journalist, editors work with you to become better writers as long as you are eager and willing #sparksessions
- Be honest. Don’t over-inflate your writing experience. #sparksessions
- Bloggers should check which posts get most traffic and have the lowest bounce rate for each style or type of blogpost #sparksessions
- Just because you’re not a perfect writer now doesn’t mean you can’t work your way to be there. #sparksessions
Did you attend Spark Sessions? Tell me all about it!!