Claire Morgan: And as you all can see, the ball has stopped half way to its perch. It’s suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the new year, to stop, and reflect on the year that has gone by, to remember both our triumphs and our missteps, our promises made and broken, the times we opened ourselves up to great adventures… or closed ourselves down for fear of getting hurt, because that’s what new year’s all about , getting another chance, a chance to forgive. to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more, and to stop worrying about what if… and start embracing what will be. so when that ball drops at midnight, and it will drop, let’s remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other, and not just tonight but all year long.
It’s about that time of year, to start the long and hopeful list of New Year’s Resolutions. I posted my 2011 resolutions here and the only one I didn’t follow was learning to speak Italian. My 2012 resolution was slightly different – I decided to make a life change, one single resolution to follow my heart and my gut at all times. Reflecting on 2012 I’m happy to say that I’ve started to listen to my instincts, to do what makes me happy.
I refuse to NOT post my resolutions for 2013 so that I can’t back out of them – if it’s written, it must be done. SO here they are, my RESOLUTIONS FOR TWENTY-THIRTEEN.
- completely overhaul My Pen, My Voice.;* – figure out exactly what I want this blog to be, how I want it to represent who I am, and how to keep it from becoming just like every other blog. I may need a bit of help when it comes to the design aspect 😛 (Any takers?)
- write my second novel – the planning begins today
- work and work hard to get my career started – get contributing blogger gigs, writing gigs, and (if all goes well) an internship OR full-time job (moving downtown if it becomes necessary)
- go back to New York – with the family or the bf or my best friends and see all of the things I skimmed over last time
- schedule less – or at very least not go completely berserk if plans don’t go the way that I want them to
- enjoy more – find enjoyment in even the littlest of tasks, spend more time with people who make me happy, people and family member that I adore
- open my mind – learn to be open-minded and not dismiss different food, adventures, or even styles that I haven’t yet tried
- craft-it-up – all those things on Pinterest I wanted to try? In 2013 I will try some out
Anything else I should add? That’s a longer list than I anticipated but I’m ready to start checking things off!
“That looks like a long list, you better get on it.”