Did any of you watch yesterday’s Winter Finale of Glee? Well I did and I must say that it was incredibly sad and very moving. I don’t want to give it all away in case you haven’t watched it yet but I will say this – it got me thinking about what I’m looking forward to in my life. It got me thinking about what I would be sad to miss if I had ever decided to take my own life.
Granted the first entry in my book My Pen, My Voice talks about wanting to get away. It talks about being afraid of everything, it talks about how uncomfortable I was with myself and everyone else, but I never once thought about ending my life. I know this is a sore subject for people but I think that it is one that should be talked about.
So, what do I want to be around to see? What don’t I want to miss? Given my chronic OCD I’ll put it in a nice little list for you.
- My sister’s wedding
- Seeing what my brother grows up to be – his successes.
- Meeting my nieces and nephews – and maybe having a child of my own.
- My writing career – wherever it takes me and whatever books I will write.
- Seeing my parents retire.
- Seeing my sister get her first tattoo 😛
- Walking down the aisle at my own wedding.
- Crossing destinations and goals off of my Bucket List – traveling the world alone, with family, and with the bf 🙂
- Buying my own house or condo – let’s be serious I don’t plant things or cut grass or shovel snow and neither does the bf 😛
That list could literally go on and on. There are so many things in life to look forward to, so many things that you can see and do. There are so many things in this world to LOVE and to be thankful for. I know life gets rough sometimes and I know that as soon as things start going right, something bad usually happens to spoil it. BUT I also know that things will get better again eventually.
Things always get better and you become stronger because of it.
P.s How cute is Kelly Clarkson?